Area of focus
Patient Engagement and Portals
Personal Health App Marketplace
Vicert enabled a completely new business model through the ability to host multiple tenants
Our client needed to reimplement one of the existing applications in their portfolio of products.
While the rest of the portfolio was moved to a different technology stack, the app in question was still using an outdated project code base, which made its maintenance and further enhancements virtually impossible.
The application our client needed to reimplement was an online marketplace that provided personalized recommendations to help users discover certified applications, which were reviewed and curated by a team of experts. It enabled users to find, try, and manage these applications to help achieve balanced living.
Using the existing solution as a mockup for the new version, we migrated the technology stack from .NET to Node.js and AngularJS.
The new app uses OAUth2 authentication and supports authentication with Google, Facebook, and Twitter identity providers.
The existing solution was upgraded and expanded by adding the option of multi-tenancy, with point-and-click customization and configuration options for each tenant.
A new, comprehensive search capability was implemented enabling users to do the searching and filtering by numerous criteria.
The new search criteria included:
- app’s category and subcategory
- rating within the category
- certification status
- Our 2.0 solution was made to be much more scalable, not just in terms of onboarding a larger number of users, but in making it easier to add new features to the tool in the future.
- The solution introduced a completely new business model through the ability to host multiple tenants.
- Customization and configuration of the tool became available to each of the tenants
- As is routine with Vicert, our solution was much faster and more optimized and featured a user-centric design.